Sunday 25 March 2018

It's Supposed to Be Spring

.... And yet the snow is still everywhere, melting slowly but still evening temps are below zero, I'm tired of it. I want spring, and I want spring to last until fall. Summer I can do without. But I did get a pretty sunrise out of it all






I tell myself that I should do more than a once a month blog, but here it is, WIPocalypse time again, and the question of the month is

What newer designers and product creators (fabric or floss dyeing, etc) out there have you discovered and recommend?

And I freely admit I don't pay enough attention to know who is new or not. I will firstly mention Pinky the Pink though I've been stitching her patterns for several years now, but I think in the grand scheme of things she would be considered new, she's probably  best known for her patterns of Hannah Alexander's Disney princesses, but check her shop, she has lots of designs and does amazing custom work as well

My new favorites that I have been having fun with areSatsumaStreet, I've stitched one pattern of hers already and have another ready to go.








  And Brodeuse Bressane, who does the  Mini Mandala-a-Month and other amazing blackwork stuff  This is up to March as well as the start of a random border. The squares will go away before it is done, they are just for placement.


Other things I'm working on include......
yup, the fractal is back and getting close to a page finish

 And I have started the Celtic Cross from Vickory designs

As for what I watched

Critical Role: and Talks Machina 

Fullmetal Alchemist - The new live action movie, one of the better anime adaptations I’ve seen, and now the original series is on Netflix so I can watch it all-ish

Women’s World’s Curling Championships - More Sports, it’s that time of
year for me





World Figure Skating Championships - You can never have enough Figure Skating though I must say the coverage from CBC has been fairly abysmal

Black Panther - The MCU does it again, they put out such.consistently good movies, and the Black Panther has never been one of my favorite heroes, he’s supposed to be a king but he’s always running around in a suit instead of ruling his country (I have the same issue with Aquaman and Sub-Mariner.  But this was not an issue in the movie as it was about him becoming king

Wrinkle in Time - Not a bad version of the book, not great either but really pretty to look at.

4 comments:

  1. Love our Pinky the Pink design, don't have any of her designs. I do have some Satsuma Street charts that i got at a trunk show last year. Haven't started them yet, but will one day. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous sunrise and lovely Mulan. Great to see your mini mandala, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't repeat often enough how much I love Mulan. Or the colours on that mandala SAL. But of course, the Fractal is very pretty as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It just occurred to me that you had three projects going at this time up until just recently :D

    ReplyDelete