Sunday 7 January 2018

2018 WIPocalypse, It Begins

Look two blogs in  just over a week, it's a minor miracle, also it's the start of another WIPocalypse year.

Q:  Introduce yourself, your projects, and any goals you have for the year!


Hey, I'm Nancy.



I'm that strange thing known as a one at time stitcher (well, two at a time), but nevertheless, I tend not to start anything new until I finished something, I live in a two story house, so I keep one project downstairs, my main one. At the moment it's the fractal which I should finish this year, and I keep one project upstairs. otherwise known as the back up piece, which is usually a small one, at them moment it's a leftover ornament kit from Dimensions.

I actually have already finished a thing this year, Magical had a quick New Year's Eve mystery SAL which was so much fun, but I had to be extra and do two, I fully finished the one, and should finish the other by tomorrow.




I will also be taking part in the Stitching Olympics  this year, I have an obsession with the games, so it won't be hard to just grab a project and work like mad on it.

I'm also seriously considering doing a year long SAL, The Mini-Mandala-a-Month I've never done a month by month thing, I tend to join SAL's on a last minute whim basis, but I love doing blackwork so this really appeals to me.

So that's my plans for this year, such as they are, the main one being, finish Fractal, and probably start the Angel of the Harvest as that is next on "The List" 

As for what I watched

Critical Role and Talks Machina  

Saga’s of Sundry - Madness: I mean, Dread was great, but this was amazing, so much so I watched it all again.

Star Trek: Deep Space 9 - S01 E05-07

Jem and The Holograms - I love the animated show as a kid, but was well aware that this movie had little to do with it,  it’s not great, but not horrible either.

Pitch Perfect 3 - The first is best, but this was in no way a waste of money, A fun way to spend the evening. 





Fiddler on the Roof - I haven’t watch this since I was a teenager, mmmblmmbl (approx 30) years ago, it really is a wonderful movie.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! An FFO already! You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finishes are a great way to start off the year. I hope I get to stitch the NYE SAL this year as well. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Fractal again after the ornament mania! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember reading this last year, but it is still fun to read it again and think HOW DID THIS YEAR GO BY SO DANG FAST??!!

    ReplyDelete