Thursday 20 August 2015

Catching Up

I’ve been really bad a keeping this blog the last month, I blame summer busyness and will try to do better in the fall. I have given up on the idea of putting Cindy in the fair, she just won’t be ready in time, I have sent Music to a framer and it MIGHT be ready in time for the fair and if not I can fall back on Future cast (Pitaya) she’s small, but she knows kung fu. Cindy will hit the fair next year. I have been working on her and she’s looking great. But all that backstitching is going to take awhile.
I’ve missed two WIPocalypse questions in my lull,
July 2nd: Reality or Fantasy. Which do you prefer to stitch? Figures or Abstract? I prefer stitching fantasy pictures, not so much with reality or abstract designs, though I have both that I love, so it does come down to what I’m feeling like doing for a long time as I do love my BAPs. In fact the next big one I start will probably be a fractal design, though there is a little sea monster that wants to budge ahead in line.
July 31st What makes you pick up a long-abandoned UFO rather than beginning a new piece?  I don’t actually have abandoned projects,
This weekend I’ll be starting the Frosted Pumpkin Halloween design as a SAL with the NCCIH girls , Leonore, Carla and I are doing the same piece and Magical and Ashely are joining in with other Halloween realted things, one of the fabrics I got from the Silkweavers fabric of the month is going to be perfect for it.


As for what I watched, my nephew has moved in for a couple months which has put a kink in my movie project as he has taken over the room I watch the DVD’s in, so I’m relying on Netflix for my entertainment, I can sneak in a couple DVD’s when he’s at work though, also he is teaching me to play Magic the Gathering so less is being watched (and stitched) anyway



Glee S05 E03-20 And unfortunately Netflix  does not have season 6,

Titansgrave - This RPG show was amazing, better than most things on TV and they have announced that there will be a second season

Doctor Who S06 E01-E09

The Guild - Felicia Day’s web series about  online gamers who meet up and become friends outside of the game, it very sweet


La  Grande Boucle - A French movie about a guy who rides one day ahead of the Tour De France

Code Breaker - A very interesting documentary about Alan Turing.







Chronicle - For a low budget sci-fi this wasn’t  bad, though I do hate the hand held camera fad the movies have been doing, it constrains the story too much, and leads to having to always explain why the person is carrying around a camera.

View From the Top - Just a cute unassuming rom/com about following your dreams and finding out dreams can shift along the way.


2 comments:

  1. Great progress on Cindy, and I'm really looking forward to our Halloween SAL! I'll have to check out the Code Breaker Documentary, as I find Turing kind of fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAL is started and I already love the pattern, it's so fun.

      Delete