Friday 29 August 2014

My Happy Place

Vacation week has gone very well, I'm rested and happy and actually ready to go back to work. I don't think I realized how badly I needed to catch up on sleep.  Most of my vacation has been spent stitching and watching shows, and fighting with the computer chauffeuring my parents around to doctors appointments. The downside of the week was Mom coming down with an extremely swollen and sore foot, which turned out to be gout, hence me driving.
Cindy got a lot of work done, finished page 5 except for the dress trim, which I'm going to wait and do all of the trim, which is one over one, together.  I did all the face though also one over one, with help from Carla.  Instead of finding an expensive magnifier for the teenie tiny stitches, she recommended using cheap reading glasses over my own glasses, worked like a charm and only $1.25

Detail of face.





But the highlight of the week was the day long drive to Yoho Park in the Rockies,  it wasn't a new drive, we've done this every 5 or 10 years since I was a kid, but the road ends at Takakkaw Falls, one of Canada's highest and quite simply my happy place, I could spend hours just staring at the power and beauty of the falls.
My happy place, 384m (1259ft) of waterfall

What I watched this week was.

Robotech : The Invid Invasion.  Also known as the New generation.  Never quite sure if I like this one or the first more Yes, the whole series.

Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles - Takes place during and just after the last episode of the Invid Invasion,  a nice add on movie that was done years later. I suspect they were hoping to reboot the series.  A lot of characters that were only in the books though, so unless you’ve read them, (I have) it may be a tad confusing.



Downton Abbey S01 E02-04
Teen Wolf S04-E10
Outlander S01-E03
Witches of East End S02-E07


The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel  - It’s got Judi Dench, Maggie Smith, and Bill Nighy how can you go
wrong.

Billy Elliot - As well as being a fantastic movie, the end sequence always makes me tear up a little.









Black Beauty - I never intended to own this, and have never seen it before, but to
get a favourite movie of mine I had to buy, or in this case, be given a 4 pack of horse movies. I think I’m glad, I rather enjoyed this.

6 comments:

  1. OMG!!!! That face!! 0.0 wow just.....wow! Amazing how much detail goes into such a small area huh? Might have to steal the idea of reading glasses for when I finally get to work on R&J and get to the one over one part. Cindy is looking amazing!!

    Also, haven't seen Billy Elliot but I want to so I'll have to check it out at some point. BB I saw a long time ago but I remember liking it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reading glasses worked so well, I'm using them for all the stitching now.

      Delete
  2. That 1-over-1 is really precious, I think my angel has some at well but not as much as Cindy does. You did a wonderful job though, and hooray for another page finish!

    Looks like you had a fun week overall (expect for the doctors driving :/). I'm hoping for more beautiful stitching next week!

    I loved horse movies as a kid, and I always liked Black Beauty. Blitz used to be my favourite, though I haven't seen it in years :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I had a great week can't believe my vacation is over already.

      Delete
  3. Her FACE!! It's beautiful, and at this moment I'm not sure which is more beautiful...the waterfall or Cindy's face! I see now why the long drive is so worth it...I can hear it and feel the pressure just looking at the picture :D

    Really glad you love the glasses idea and it's helping <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The glasses worked great.
      And if you ever get down this way, I shall take you to the falls, has to be July, August or September, the road is closed when it gets snowed on.

      Delete