Friday 18 April 2014

April IHSW

The weather is actually nice, if you can handle a bit of rain. in fact is was this pretty tonight
This is once again IHSW and for the first time in a long time, I have Saturday off work and no other plans, can's wait to hang out at Carla's with the gang.
I had a couple of good stitching days already this week, I finished my topiary bookmark, the pattern I think came in the last BOX from Carla, my bookmark was a little bigger than the pattern so I added on and extra layer of tree and a bunch more butterflies
, and for the first time actually used beads instead of french knots, since I wanted the butterflies bodies to shimmer and shine.
I also started (just) the baby record for my nephew's third child, poor thing, I had the piece done before the other two were born and this one is nearly a year old. But I finally found the perfect pattern so that's why it must have taken so long. I've still got a way to go on it.




And I got some serious work done on Cindy, but all in one colour, just because I could, I am loving the working with the grid, it allows me to jump with one colour so much easier.  I also took out the top line of it, just to see if it would remove as easily as the instructions say. I wanted to know cause if it didn't I'd rip it out now and save myself the hassle later.  It came out beautifully though, just glided out without disturbing a single stitch, I officially love it.

Along with the stitching came the watching, this was my week

Anne of Green Gables, The Sequel - This 4 hour miniseries mushed together the next three books in the series, but it’s still well done and enjoyable. There is a third miniseries, but it’s not based on the books in anyway, and watching it makes me want to scoop my eyes out with a spork.  Needless to say it is not allowed in my house

Vikings - S01E01- 02  Carla made me, with help from my friend Donna.



Arsenic and Old Lace - A classic in every way, I giggle my way through this one every time.

Game of Thrones S04 E02 - Bwahahahahaha about time.

The West Wing S05 E17-22.  And that finishes season five, two more to go.




Supernatural S09 E18 - He’s back!!!!!! (but only for a moment)

2 comments:

  1. You have been a busy woman! The Shuswap is so beautiful, and so is Cindy and Vikings (my FAVORITE charactor is Floki) and I love GOT and Hurrah Loki is back! I'm going to have watch on Arsenic and Old Lace, I can't remember if I've ever actually watched that or not and I know I haven't seen Anne of Green Gables first or sequel...might have to give that one a go as well.

    I can't wait to see you all day tomorrow!!! WOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Floki is awesome, what is it with those Skarsgaard men. Anne is very Canadian, I know it was carried on your PBS stations and it seems to be very popular in Japan, but other than that I don't know how much it travelled.

      Delete